upgrade to development kernel

Today for the first time I tried to compile a devwelopment kernel.
Using the kernel package everything went ok during compilation. I
installed the kernel at /boot as usual run lilo and did everything I
uisually do for a kernel upgrade. However when I rebooted
and chose my new kenel it said something about kernel 2.1.78 as usual and
then rebooted immediately as it started loading the kernel. Anybody has
any ideas ???

George Kapetanios
Churchill College
Cambridge, CB3 0DS    E-Mail: GK205@cus.cam.ac.uk