Re: Upgrade to libc6...

On Fri, 9 Jan 1998, Michael [badpixel/bad sector] wrote:

> Hi!
>
> > > Just wondering how to uprade to libc6? Do I just install the libc6 package,
> > > or do I have to reinstall my hole system? ...
> >
> > http://www.debian.org/devel/libc5-libc6-Mini-HOWTO.html
>
> Ok ... but I just have a little problem (i think!) :)
>
> the libc6 package conflicts with libc5,and when i tries to remove
> libc5 a lot of programs depends on that...

Addendum, you now need to install both libc5 and libc6 FROM HAMM on the
same dpkg -i line.  This may (read probably will) require removing a whole
load of -dev packages, including libc5-dev (if you use dselect to
uninstall libc5-dev, it should catch the rest of them in conflict
resolution).  I'll also be happy to mail you a copy of a script that is
being developed to do the core upgrade, but it will probably require
access to a mountable hamm mirror (assuming I don't manage to build the
fix kit by the time you read this).

--
Scott K. Ellis <storm@gate.net>                 http://www.gate.net/~storm/