A cheap PCI Ethernet card that works?

Is there such a thing?  I have a PCI card from KTI networks, but I can't
make it work with any of the existing drivers, the tech rep thinks the
card has it's own interface (not cloning a more common card), and the
engineer who was supposedly going to get in touch with me hasn't.

Also, why does all 3com stuff cost 3x what it should?  Is this why USR
changed their name?

If SPI or some such credible organization wanted to lobby KTI to release
some information, I would love to try to write a driver.  They have an SCO
driver, it seems to me like they would want to have a linux driver as well
these days *sigh*.

__
I like six eggs when starting on a journey.  Fried - not poached.  And
mind you don't break 'em.  I won't eat a broken egg.
                                              -- Thorin Oakenshield