compiling gnome-0.11?

Hello gnomers,

I am trying to compile gnome-0.11 and am running into trouble.  This
is the last error messages and text from the compile.

/bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link gcc -g -O2  -o gnome-score-helper  gnome-score-helper.o ../libgnome/libgnome.la -lgdk -lglib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11  -lXext -lSM -lICE
gcc -g -O2 -o _libs/gnome-score-helper gnome-score-helper.o -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib ../libgnome/_libs/libgnome.so -lgdk -lglib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11 -lXext -lSM -lICE
../libgnome/_libs/libgnome.so: undefined reference to `bindtextdomain'

I have gettext, guile, gtk, slib, xlockmore, libXpm, libjpeg, libpng, zlib
all installed either with deb packages or under /usr/local.  ld.so.conf
has /usr/local/lib in it and I have run ldconfig after I install each of
the above packages.  What am I missing?  I am really interested in
checking out gnome.  Thanks for any help or pointers.

Brian
--
Mechanical Engineering				    servis@purdue.edu
Purdue University		    http://www.ecn.purdue.edu/~servis