Re: Lockups! - Please Help

On Wed, Jan 07, 1998 at 11:23:20AM -0800, Kevin Traas wrote:
> I've got a system that's been running for months (as an Internet
> "gateway"/router).  Everything's been great - until just recently.
>
> All of a sudden, the system's been freezing on me - and I'm getting two
> different sets of messages which I'm not sure are related.  The most common
> problem/error I'm getting, which occurs as many as 15 times in a typical day
> is:
>
> Aiee:  scheduling in interrupt 001248c9

If nothing's really changed software wise, could you be having some
sort of hardware failure? If your CPU fan was not working up to expectations
some weird things can happen. These messages are from the kernel, and the
userspace software Debian provides is (I think) unlikely to cause such
errors.

Hamish