Re: strftime() produces segmentation fault

Noel Yap <ivy1@cornell.edu> writes:

> Not strictly Debian, but I *am* a Debian user so....
>
> I am trying to ACeDB
> <http://probe.nalusda.gov:8000/acedocs/acedbfaq.html>.  However, both
> the text and graphical programs (tace and xace, respectively) produce a
> segmentation fault when trying to reinitialize the database.  gdb just
> says:

> 0x40085dde in strftime ()

That usually happens, if the program gives a null pointer argument
when calling the strftime.

You should recompile everything with -g option, run gdb <progname>,
and type up after receiving the segfault.  You will go up one stack
frame and see at which source line this function is called.  Maybe you
will be able to fix that line.

        Torsten

--
I haven't lost my mind -- it's backed up on tape somewhere.
                                            Fortune Cookie