Re: IRC for Linux

** Reply to note from Will Lowe <harpo@udel.edu> Tue, 6 Jan 1998 11:28:30 -0500 (EST)

> On Tue, 6 Jan 1998, Dana M. Epp wrote:
>
> > > Does somebody know some user friendly program to use IRC , like mIrc , for
> You might try zircon.

FWIW, I just set this irc program up on a herc amber 386 system a couple of
days ago......runs a little slow due to only having 8 meg ram in the machine
but quite honestly I'm suprised it even ran at all.  This newbie to linux
is getting quite impressed with what linux can do.......and is confirming a
long time suspcion that good programs could have been and can be run on
older equipment without the need to upgrade to the latest and greatest.