Re: Lynx: proxy server

Hi there,

) > how do I set up Lynx to use my ISP's www proxy server? There's nothing
) > obvious in either the man page or the online help.
)
) Open up /etc/lynx.cfg (the system-wide configuration file) and search
) for "proxy".

I learned the hard way that you can also set the http_proxy environment
variable for the URL of the proxy, like what follows.

I use squid.ucpel.tche.br at the port 3128 as proxy, so I set the variable
to http://squid.ucpel.tche.br:3128/ as if it were a URL just like
anyother.

[]!
Fabio
( Fábio Olivé Leite             BSc in Computer Science, MSc on the way! )
( leitinho @ akira.ucpel.tche.br   http://akira.ucpel.tche.br/~leitinho/ )
(  Debian GNU/Linux: just what your clunker needs to fly off the ground  )