Re: IRQ and Sound

>> Could some one tell me how to change the default irq settings for sound
>> card. Default is 7, mine is 5.
>> It is impossible to do it from make menuconfig...
>
>Use "make xconfig" or edit .config file directly.
>
>Alex Y.

My guess is that the content of .config is alright but it is ignored.

With kernels prior to 2.0.32, I resolved this problem by editing
/usr/src/kernel-source-2.0.30/drivers/sound/configure.c.  The
patch is:

/usr/src/kernel-source-2.0.30/drivers/sound$ rcsdiff configure.c
RCS file: RCS/configure.c,v
retrieving revision 1.1
diff -r1.1 configure.c
755c755
<                 7,
---
>                 5,
773c773
<                 0,
---
>                 0x330,

A point of note:  With kernel-source-2.0.32, I installed sound support
as a module rather than directly within the kernel.  This seemed to work
ok even though I didn't modify configure.c.

I don't have the machine at hand to confirm this right now, but
my recollection is that when I look at /proc/interrupts
after loading the module, it has the correct IRQ even though
/usr/src/kernel-source-2.0.30/drivers/sound/Config.in (created by
configure.c) has the wrong IRQ.

         Network Services      _|\|   |/|_       rrusk@uvic.ca
      University of Victoria   >         <   Voice: (250) 721-7654
------ Victoria, BC V8W 3P4 ---->_./|\._<----  Fax: (250) 721-8778 ---