Re: Extremely High Load

On Sat, 3 Jan 1998, Shaleh wrote:

> >From personal experience this is a tad much for one machine.  DNS can
> fill up some memory w/ cache and is a constant hit.  Really should be
> its own 486 or so w/ some memory tossed in.  Shell services can be
> dangerous, and a user could easily peg out a system.

Eventually we plan to move everything to their own machines, but we're
just not seeing this problem with the same load on the old machine (also a
Pentium 233, but it was running as a P5-100 a month ago).

Leigh Koven                                         CyberComm Online Services
bubba@thegovernment.net                             http://www.cybercomm.net/
http://www.thegovernment.net/                                  (732) 818-3333
 "You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave" - The Eagles

debian-user-request@lists.debian.org .