Re: X startup problems

If startx doesn't work neither will xdm.  When you say you
used startx "like you're used to" do you mean after you
installed Debian or under some other Linux disribution?  If
you have had startx work with Debian then you need to figure
out what happened to make X stop working.  If you get startx
working you can edit /etc/X11/config to enable xdm at
startup.

If you can be more specific about the errors you're getting
when you startx, someone on this list will help you.

--Bob