more misc questions, esp. re: dselect.

a. dselect is messed up. it gives me conflict resolution screens with no
packages to select and fails to install things.

b. why can't i install staroffice? i get the error "staroffice3 depends on
libc (>= 5.4.4-0)". i tried to get all the packages with "libc" in their
name via dselect but since it's acting strangely i don't know if i have
them or not. this may well be a problem based on problem a.

c. i tried to install mlvwm, a window manager, but it gives me error
messages about some .xpm files (i do have sxpm installed); does anyone
else use mlvwm or know what i need?

thanks.

aaron brick.