Re: debian 2.0

 > On Wed, 19 Nov 1997, Timothy Phan wrote:
 > >
 > >   I think this question has been asked before and I'd like to bring
 > >   it up again since it been a while.
 > >
 > >   Is there a set day for the Debian 2.0 (or the next release after 1.3.1)?

If your machine isn't a critical production one and you have some time to
spare, then don't wait... Upgrade!

But prepare a rescue disk just in case. I ended up with a broken bash,
couldn't login anymore **. Fixing it was fun, btw.

hamm is very nice, it's where all the latest packages go, not to mention
the big move to libc6. So far, I only had problems with rusersd & rwalld
looping...

--
Adriano

** if you're curious, I managed to regain root access by booting with the
   rescue disk, copying sh to my hd as sh_resc (/bin/sh is normally a link to
   bash) and changing root's shell to sh_resc, then rebooting normally. Maybe
   it would be a good thing to have an uid 0 maintenance account with a simple
   static shell... Then again, maybe not.