Solved: Re: Accepting fax using external SupraFaxModem 28.8

In message <199711181659.SAA00552@butch.gezernet.co.il> you write:
|Hello,
|
|I'm trying to recieve faxes using an external SupraFAXModem 28.8
|(upgraded to 33.6) and mgetty+sendfax.  I used to be able to do that
|but the configs were lost ages ago.
|
|What happens is that mgetty realizes that there is an incoming fax,
|but somehow it can't read it.  It seems like mgetty timesout after a
|while.

Sorry I bothered the list about that.  The troubleshooting docs
clearly state that this is a known problem with some modems.  Adding
"switchbd 19200" solved the problem.  Now I'm trying to tell Apache to
agree to let me view faxes using the
/usr/doc/mgetty/fronends/www/webfax_0.8.tgz package.

Cheers,

--Amos

--Amos Shapira                    | "Of course Australia was marked for
133 Shlomo Ben-Yosef st.          |  glory, for its people had been chosen
Jerusalem 93 805                  |  by the finest judges in England."
ISRAEL        amos@gezernet.co.il |                     -- Anonymous