Re: RPM packages.

> FWIW, I was able to compile SANE on my system running 'unstable'
> with no problems.  Works great with my HP ScanJet 4c.

Thanks, I did the partial upgrade.  Compiling seemed to work OK,
except that the configure doesn't set up the Makfiles to compile
xscanimage.  I did also upgrade the xlibs.

Here are some lines from the configure that might be relevant:

checking for X... (cached) libraries /usr/X11R6/lib, headers
/usr/X11R6/include
checking for dlfcn.h... (cached) no
checking for main in -lX11... (cached) no
checking for main in -lXext... (cached) no
checking for main in -lXpm... (cached) no
checking for main in -lglib... (cached) no
checking for main in -lgdk... (cached) no
checking for gtk_gamma_curve_new in -lgtk... (cached) no
checking for libgimp/gimp.h... (cached) no

Anyone know what is wrong here?

--David