Re: Linux for sale

> I know that Linux is now on the shelf at Fry's Electronics ... that is the
> Electronics Supermarket in Silicon Valley ... these are HUGE stores, larger
> than the average grocery supermarket.  They see thousands of people through
> their doors every day.

I saw some Linux books (with CDs) at the local bookstore in "the mall" here in
Penticton, B.C., Canada (pop. 30,000).  We don't have a computer store that
carries a full selection of software in town (the closest "superstore" is an
one hour drive away).  So there are probably just about as many units of Linux
in stock in town as there are of Win 95 at any one time.

That's getting to be pretty good market penetration.  :-)

Cheers,

 - Jim