Re: Xdm serving network from my machine!

Buddha Buck <bmbuck@acsu.buffalo.edu> writes:

[snip]

>   How can I configure xdm so that it will -only- serve local servers?

`man xdm' under "XDMCP ACCESS CONTROL" describes the file Xaccess,
which on Debian is /etc/X11/xdm/Xaccess.  You could also use ipfwadm
and a kernel with firewalling enabled and block external (i.e. on
interface eth0) TCP access to port 6000.

BTW, iplogger and xconsole are very good for paranoia; although I'm
not sure whether they increase or decrease it...

--
    Carey Evans  <*>  http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/c.evans/  gc

kernel: Warning: possible SYN flooding. Sending cookies.
kernel: validated probe(100007f, 100007f, 11557, 5010, -1645409555)