Re: Xemac Mail (VM)

Rob MacWilliams <robmacw@cl-sys.com> writes:

[snip]

> The problem relates to the headers of outgoing mail, the "From:"
> line doesn't seem to be rewritten as it should be by smail.  I have
> the line
>
> from_field="From: Rob MacWilliams <robmacw@cl-sys.com>"
>
> in my /etc/smail/config file, but emacs seems to ignore it.

Probably smail only inserts a From: when the MUA doesn't, and VM puts
its own in.  It's a while since I used VM (I prefer Gnus) but you
could try something like the following in ~/.vm:

    (setq user-mail-address "robmacw@cl-sys.com")

--
      Carey Evans  <*>  http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/c.evans/

kernel: Warning: possible SYN flooding. Sending cookies.
kernel: validated probe(100007f, 100007f, 11557, 5010, -1645409555)