Re: A place for data?

Francesco Potorti` <F.Potorti@cnuce.cnr.it> wrote:

: Where would you put trees of data that do not belong to any user, but
: to a project, for example?  /home, /usr/local or what else?

I would put it under /home. For example, we have a Microsoft Access
database that is accessed by several people via Samba. We created a
directory under /home and put the database there. It's nice because
the database is backed up with all user's home directories everyday.

I prefer to put local binaries in the /usr/local hierarchy, not data.

E.-

--

Eloy A. Paris
Information Technology Department