rootfs on /dev/sdf1

hi,

one more time i installed linux.
Debian 1.3.1 ! nice, fine, stable...

I had a big problem booting the first time after installing the base
system. I made a boot disk, but it can't find my root fs.

VFS: cannot mount root fs 00:00
Kernal panic: VFS: unable to mount root fs 00:00

because rootfs is on /dev/sdf (in real life my room is a big black hole,
collection everything). When i switch off one or two hd's, and rootfs
become /dev/sdd1, all is working fine.

workaround: i have a old, working system on /dev/sda1. if i boot this, and
write lilo from there on /dev/sdf , i can boot.

		Jens