question: /usr/doc and minimal system

I have a couple of GNU/Debian machines I use strictly as print
servers.  It would be best with these machines to preserve as
much disk space in order to maximize spool area.  They are already
configured with minimal packages and work fine.  I am now
investigating ways to minimize disk space even more.  What I realized
just now is that I don't need about 10Mb of /usr/doc files (I can
always examine /usr/doc on another machine).

Is there a way to cleanly not install a packages' /usr/doc files?  I
could just 'rm -rf /usr/doc/*', but when I update or remove a package,
I'm sure I would get a postinst error and may not be successful.

| James D. Freels, P.E._i, Ph.D.  | Phone:  (423)576-8645  |   | L |
| Oak Ridge National Laboratory   | FAX:    (423)574-9172  | H | I |
| Research Reactors Division      | Internet: fea@ornl.gov | F | N |
| P. O. Box 2008                  | Reactor Technology     | I | U |
| Oak Ridge, Tennessee 37831-6392 | world's best neutrons! | R | X |