Re: Building Debian Packages

Manoj Srivastava writes:
> Note it never says these are the *only* public lists.

It says "The public lists are:", not "Some of the public lists are:".  That
clearly implies that these are all of the public lists.

> In fact, there _are_ other lists.

Yes, the web page says so (but does not name them).  It also says that they
are private: "...together with several lists intended for developers only."

> Their existence is spread by word of mouth, like you are learning now
> about debian-devel. Tends to keep noise levels down, and people wanting
> to know how to make windows 95 tuned better for doom

I see.  They aren't private, just secret.  I hope that is not a deliberate
policy.