RE: Netscape installation problems

On 01-Sep-97 Dave Neuer wrote:
>Hi
>
>I am trying to install Netscape 3.01 on my Debian system.  The machine
>running debian has no connection to the Internet, so to transfer files
>to the Debian box, I have to first download them onto my PowerMac, and
>then transfer them over my local network.  The mac doesn't like the name
>"netscape-v301-export.x86-unknown-linux-elf.tar.gz", and so truncates it
>to "netscape-v301-export.x86-unknow."  I transfered the file to the
>Linux box, and then attempted to run the Debian netscape installer, and
>got the following message:
>
>ERROR: The Netscape archive must be in /tmp under the name:
>       /tmp/netscape-v301-export.x86-unknown-linux-elf.tar.[gz|Z]
>
>       Do NOT simply rename the archive of another version in order to
>       force it to install with this package.  It will not work.
>
>       Archive files can be found on ftp.netscape.com.

  Whatever the filename is when your PowerMac has downloaded it, copy it
into the '/tmp' directory on your Debian machine, and then rename that
file to the appropriate name as indicated above... i.e.

mv /tmp/netscape-v301-export-x86-unknow /tmp/netscape-v301-export-x86-unknown-li
nux-elf-tar.gz

  And then re-install the netscape package.