Re: samba doesn't load on boot???

                    Hello, Hamish!

On Sun, 31 Aug 1997, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

>> >For some reason or another samba doesn't load when I reboot.  I can load
>> >it manually by 'smbd;nmbd' without problems.
>> >
>> >here is my configuration:
>> >samba-des 1.9.16p11  Debian non-US distribution
>> >
>> >/etc/inetd.conf:
>> >netbios-ssn  stream  tcp  nowait  root  /usr/sbin/tcpd  /usr/sbin/smbd
>> >netbios-ns   stream  tcp  nowait  root  /usr/sbin/tcpd  /usr/sbin/nmbd
>>
>> smbd and nmbd are not inet programs. They should be runned as daemons.
>> Insert calls for 'smbd -D' and 'nmbd -D' in your rc files.
>
>Sorry, that is incorrect. With -D flags, they run as daemons;
>without (the default), they run from inetd.

Sorry, I checked it only now. I've installed samba with rpm, so it's wrote
configs into /etc/rc.d and I didn't bother about no -D option. Anyway, using
with -D is perfectly works :)

Bye.
--
Any two philosophers can tell each other all they know in two hours.
		-- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

--
    With best of best regards, Pawel S. Veselov (aka Black Angel)
       internet : vps@unicorn.niimm.spb.su ( mail,finger,talk )