Help with install: WD7000 Controller and NE2000 card

Package: kernel-image
Version: 1.3.1 distribution

The kernal in version 1.3.1 has problems with the WD7000 driver. Upon
probing for the WD7000, which I do NOT have in the system, in the initial
boot sequence (for installation) it drops the link light on the hub for the
ne2000 card. Later, when given the option to install an ethernet card it
finds the card at the set IRQ and IO address but still will not bring back
up the link.

To rule out problems with the BUSLOGIC card I removed it and booted without
it in and had the same problems when it probed for the WD7000 card.

ANY SUGGESTIONS???? I need to install via FTP but cannot with this problem!

				Thanks,

				Matthew Knapp

FYI, I am running a system with the following configuration:
	Pentium 60
	40 MB Ram
	Buslogic Flashpoint SCSI card
	NE 2000 compat ethernet card