Re: Errors from make config

Hi,

	This is quite wierd. I can't duplicate your results, since I
 have a fully libc6-dev setup, but I lokked at configure file, and all
 it does prior to the error is include stdio.h and unistd.h, which
 should not cause a problem. It compiles just fine for me, alas.

	Try and see if this minimal code compiles for you; if this
 fails as well, try re-installing the libc5-dev package.

	manoj
__> gcc -o junk /usr/src/kernel-source-2.1.51/drivers/sound/configure.c

---------------------------cut here-------------------------------
#include <stdio.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <fcntl.h>
#include <string.h>

int
main(void)
{
	exit(EXIT_SUCCESS);
}
---------------------------cut here-------------------------------

__> dpkg -l libc5 libc6 gcc libc5-dev binutils make bin86 gawk gzip \
            shellutils grep cpp libc6-dev
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge
||/ Name            Version        Description
+++-===============-==============-============================================
ii  libc5           5.4.33-7       The Linux C library version 5 (run-time libr
ii  libc6           2.0.4-1        The GNU C library version 2 (run-time files)
ii  gcc             2.7.2.2-7      The GNU C compiler.
pn  libc5-dev       <none>         (no description available)
ii  binutils        2.8.1-2        The GNU assembler, linker and binary utiliti
ii  make            3.75-6         The GNU version of the "make" utility.
ii  bin86           0.12.0-1       16-bit assembler and loader
ii  gawk            3.0.2-1        GNU awk, a pattern scanning and processing l
ii  gzip            1.2.4-15       The GNU compression utility.
ii  shellutils      1.16-5         The GNU shell programming utilities.
ii  grep            2.0-12         GNU grep, egrep and fgrep.
ii  cpp             2.7.2.2-7      The GNU C preprocessor.
ii  libc6-dev       2.0.4-1        The GNU C library version 2 (development fil
--
 Life is full of concepts that are poorly defined.  In fact, there are
 very few concepts that aren't.  It's hard to think of any in