Re: Dave Cinege and Paul Wade

On Aug 23, Oliver Elphick wrote:
> In message <[🔎] m0x2897-00JaLWC@golem.pixar.com>, writes:
>   >I sent this message to Dave Cinege and Paul Wade yesterday.
>   >
>   >As you can see, Dave hasn't removed his sorry excuse for dialog from
>   >debian-user. What do you suggest I do, guys?
>   >
> I wouldn't like to see someone dropped from the list altogether, even though
> he is boorish and inconsiderate.  There has been _one_ helpful message
> from Dave Cinnege today.

I agree.

> If someone gets out of hand in this way, can messages from him be diverted
> to someone who could filter out the offensive and repetitive stuff and
> allow through anything useful?  Maybe we could take the job for a week
> at a time each, so we don't get too wearied by it.

I don't like this. It is exactly what is meant by the word "censorship".
This is more bad than removing from the list, because you can do a lot wrong
if you cut things out. No, there is no way to do this. It is bad.

To be polite and to ignore annoying people after trying to correct them is
hard enough and should be enough.

Marcus

--
"Rhubarb is no Egyptian god."