Re: swearing in the news groups

> > I'm also sorry to see that this situation has driven our fearless leader
> > to echo profanities.  Time for another beer, I guess.  :-)
>
> And yesterday I promised someone who said he was from from a strict Baptist
> neighborhood that I would refrain from swearing in the groups. Sigh. I'm
> not perfect, sorry.
>
> 	Bruce

It doesn't look good to have our leader handling this sort of flamewar
thing.  And maybe it's not your aptitude anyways.

Here's my idea:

Let's pick somebody to be a "mailing-list cop".  Their sole job will
be to step in when somebody gets out of line with the charter of a
mailing list.

Job requirements:  somebody who's got a bit of tact and actually
                   enjoys abuse.

:-)

Cheers,

 - Jim