HELP: formatting the hard drive

Hello Debians.

    I just purchased a CD with Debian on it and I wanted to install it
    on my 486DX-2.  It has 8 MB of RAM and two HD of 220 MB each.  From
    what I read, it should be just enough for Linux to run.  Can anyone
    confirm/suggest anything with a system this low?

    I also have a P133 with 16MB of ram.  I originally installed Linux
    on this machine, but I now need it for CAD.  I would like to remove
    Linux from it but I have been unable via standard methods (ie:
    bootable floppy to format HD).  Any suggestions on how I can format
    the hard drive so that I can installed (*yikes*) Windows '95?

Thank you again for your help.
Leandro+

p.s.

    I'm sure there is a RTFM somewhere.  If so, please include an URL.
    It's pretty frustrating as is, and unfortunately I am not up to date
    with Linux.  Thank you for your patience.
___
Leandro Asnaghi-Nicastro (LA672)
Capital of Nasty Electronic Magazine - ISSN 1482-0471
Editor in Chief - http://www.capnasty.org

Have you noticed how much they look like orchids? Lovely!
 -- Notebooks of Lazarus Long (by Robert A. Heinlein)

ZimID  46B98555 1993/12/15  0D 6E 96 68 D6 B3 9A 96  20 ED 1F AF 11 46 13 79