Re: S/Linux

Eric Waldman wrote:
 > Any info available on when debian for the SPARCstations will be
 > available.  I use debian
 > on all of my pentiums, 486's, and 386's.  I have a sparcstation 1 and
 > Sparc classic and
 > would like to stick with debian.

There is something working.

There is a boot disk.
There is a working libc5, gcc, make and so on.
There is an experimental glibc, and some packages
compiled against it.

I'm running a full debian system on a Sparc LX;
anyway, don't expect to much: for example, there
is no X, no Emacs, and some other important packages.

We need help, this is sure.

Refer to debian-sparc@lists.debian.org.

bye
--
Davide Barbieri - paci@linux.it - paci@debian.org
PGP fingerprint =  CD 8D A9 1E DB 0C B0 16  F8 2F BF 63 52 49 8B A8