Re: tty with non-standard irq

After finding out what my problem was... I'm sorry for posting this
message *blush* It turned out that my serial port on the back of the
computer was loose not making total contact with the serial cable. I
tightened it up, it worked. Thanks to all who responded.

Just a note for those this may be of interest to...

out of The Linux Serial HOWTO v1.9, 2 January 1997
note that IRQ 2 is the same as IRQ 9.  You can call it either 2 or 9, the
serial driver is very understanding.

This is my understanding or these IRQ's
Irq 9 is redirected to irq2. irq2 on AT systems is the Cascade interrupt
for irq 8-15.
Using one of these two lines in /etc/rc.boot/0setserial has the same
outcome, it will be detected as irq2:
${SETSERIAL} -b /dev/ttyS3 irq 9 port 0x2E8 skip_test autoconfig
${STD_FLAGS}

${SETSERIAL} -b /dev/ttyS3 irq 2 port 0x2E8 skip_test autoconfig
${STD_FLAGS}

again thanks for all of the replies..

- ricardo@calvin.net