RE: Debian-Desktop

>My major interest in the -Desktop and Diety projects is the provision for
>user-friendly "basic installs" ... so that the average non-linux user can

Sounds what a lot of us are after.

>migrate to debian in a way that doesn't require them to understand unix as
>a guru <before installation>.  Has there been any effort to begin
>compiling profiles (and putting together decent,  basic package

See the post by Lindsay Allen,

>configurations)?  Is diety not far enough along for this to be practical?

Deity profiles may well be just want we want, however the release date
is not until 1Q98

Regards,
Alec
--
Alec Clews, <alec@consulting.tca.co.uk>,         PGP keyid:48FA EB81
TCA Consulting Ltd  Tel. 44-(0)171-415-8159   Fax:44-(0)171-556-0022