Re: Modprobe error and kerneld question

Shaleh <shaleh@livenet.net> writes:

> I do have auto in etc modules and nothing else.  PPP/serial/slhc loads
> as a module when I use pon/poff without my intervention, but isofs and
> msdos/fat do not when I use mount.

% /sbin/lsmod
Module         Pages    Used by
psaux              1		1 (autoclean)
cs89x0             3		1 (autoclean)
msdos              2		1 (autoclean)
fat                6	[msdos]	1 (autoclean)
ip_masq_irc        1		0
ip_masq_ftp        1		0
serial             7		0
lp                 2		0

I have my mouse, ethernet card and DOS filesystems loaded by kerneld,
so obviously it is possible.  The iso9660 and minix filesystems are
compiled as modules and are loaded as needed too.

(BTW, psaux is char-major-10, along with some other things.)

--
		Carey Evans  <*>  c.evans@clear.net.nz

"[UNIX] appears to have the inside track on being the replacement for
  CP/M on the largest microcomputers (e.g. those based on 68000...)"