Re: xforms

Magic <magic@pg.gda.pl> writes:

> Hehhh... I want to install xisp and....
>
> # dpkg -i xisp_1.3-1.deb
> (Reading database ... 21024 files and directories currently installed.)
> Preparing to replace xisp 1.3-1 (using xisp_1.3-1.deb) ...
> Unpacking replacement xisp ...
> dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of xisp:
> xisp depends on xforms (>= 0.81-1); however:
> Package xforms is not installed.
>
> but...
>
> # dpkg -l | grep xforms
> ii  xforms-dev      0.81-6         GUI Toolkit for X Window Systems
> ii  xforms0         0.81-6         GUI Toolkit for X Window Systems
>
> so... where can I find xforms but not xforms0 ?
> THX :)

No problem, xforms0 provides the package xforms.  Install xforms0 and
package xforms will be available.

Here is the control part of xforms0:

Package: xforms0
Section: contrib
Installed-Size: 343
Maintainer: Heiko Schlittermann <heiko@lotte.sax.de>
Version: 0.81-6
Replaces: xforms
Provides: xforms
          ^^^^^^
         here xforms is provided

        Torsten

--
"What a depressingly stupid machine"
                              The Restaurant at the End of the Universe