Re: Debian mail filtering in Netscape 4.02

Rick Macdonald wrote:
> > In order to deal with the high volume of traffic on this list, I just
> > tried turning on the mail filtering in Netscape 4.02 (Solaris24) but it
> > doesn't seem to do anything.
> >
> > Has anybody tried this?
>
> Well, to answer my own question, I'm having some success now setting the
> Netscape mail filter to search for "debian" in the "body" rather than
> any of the mail headers. Seems to work even if "debian" appears _only_
> in the headers. IE what they call "body" may be "headers+body".

I've just tried netscape mail filters and it works OK for me.
I think the problem is you're trying to filter by searching in the "To"
field and lots of mails bring "debian-user" in the "CC" field. So you must
try the "To or CC" option that the menu offers to you.

Hope this help.

Regards
Antonio
 Antonio Muñoz Roldán                mailto:roldan@ciemat.es
 Unidad de Informatica               http://apcien.ciemat.es
 CIEMAT, Av. Complutense 22          tlfn: 91 346 6365
 28040 Madrid                        fax:  91 346 6005