Re: Distributing a procmail filter (was: Re: splitting up the...)

On Aug 5, Richard G. Roberto wrote
> On Mon, 4 Aug 1997, Brandon Mitchell wrote:
>

> > I've been trying to get in touch with the c.o.l.a. moderator (I'm pretty
> > sure that's who it was) to get permission to add a modified version of
> > his procmail filter to /usr/doc/procmail/examples.  It includes things
> > like blacklist, whitelist, vacation, newsgroup filters, etc.  However, I
> > haven't had a response so I may just send it to the procmail maintainer
> > to see what he/she thinks.

I'd appreciate it having liw's procmailrc as an example.  One can learn
much from it.

> This is rediculous.  First of all, I get my mail from a POP3
> server on some system somewhere I don't even have access to.

I thought using popmail every mail is been piped through the local
MTA - in that case you're able to use any filtering.  If not you
might get in touch with your provider in order to get a shell
account on that machine.

> Case in point?  Debian-* may be the first mailing list(s) in
> history that you need to _learn_ how to read (the mailing
> list, not the words -- of course you'd have to know how to
> read those too!)

Haha :-)

	Joey
--
Individual Network e.V.                _/                     OrgaTech
joey@office.individual.net            _/              joey@orgatech.de