Re: Applixware and alien

>Has anyone tried installing Applixware 4.3 using alien? I installed
>alien from unstable, which has the appropriate patchfile.  When I try
>installing Applixware, I get the following errors:
>  cannot open package: No such file or directory
>  cpio: premature end of archive
>  Error unpacking applix-4.3-1.i386.rpm

I did this a few days ago.  It appeared to be very simply.  I installed
alien, cpio and rpm and then just converted the .rpm packages to .deb
packages and installed them using dpkg.

It worked fine.

Adam.

----------------- Earthlight Communications Limited ----------------
P.O. Box 5301	                Adam Shand 	       (fax) +64 3 477 5463
Dunedin, New Zealand       Systems Manager    (voice) +64 3 479 0303