netscape wont show up on X window

Netscape 3.01 won't start.  It ran fine for a week or so, then it
started balking.  The disk lights up for a few seconds, but the window
never opens.  The PID is still there, and a second effort results in a
message window informing the user that there is a lock file in
~/.netscape.

Previously, when this first started to happen, I could get it to work
with "netscape -iconic&", and then click on the icon.  Now, the icon
doesn't even show up.

I reinstalled the package, but no changes.

I imagine I might have walked over some libraries.

Does any of this sound familiar to anyone?

Alan Davis
adavis@netpci.com