Re: Debian-Lite : The Project

On Sun, 3 Aug 1997, Paul Wade wrote:

> Alan is absolutely right.
>
> The base install will always include a dpkg/dselect tool. There are
> certain components of base that are always necessary in order to provide a
> maintainable and upgradable system. These will always need to be installed
> and kept available.

The problem with that is that there are TOO MANY packages available and
newbies end up getting into trouble by selecting additional stuff, hitting
the conflict resolution screen and getting totally lost.  A mini-Debian
would never show any package selection screen at any point in the install
as I envision it.

George Bonser
Why is it that the same people that tell us that manned space flight
is a waste of money also tell us that we have been visited by aliens?