Re: splitting up the debian-user mailing list

George> I like this idea.  But just so folks know, it probably won't
George> reduce traffic volume much since most of us are going to want
George> to subscribe to both lists anyhow (just so we dont miss
George> something important).

True, but it would be easier for the organizers split the
responsibility for reading the mails. The rest of us can continue to
scan the list for interesting things, such as replies to our own
queries.

But it is of course necessary that the split produces two or three
lists with an (almost) equal amount of traffic. Which is also why I
think that the discussion list should be renamed to `discussion' as
someone had suggested, to ensure both that the name is more
descriptive and that we are deadsure that people are made aware of the
reorganization.

Christian Lynbech          | Computer Science Department, University of Aarhus
Office: R0.32              | Ny Munkegade, Building 540, DK-8000 Aarhus C
Phone: +45 8942 3218       | lynbech@daimi.aau.dk -- www.daimi.aau.dk/~lynbech