splitting the lists ...

As it does anywhere its brought up, this thread has
generated more noise than there was before the thread!  Its
not a good idea to force users needing help to go somewhere
else IMO.  I think having another list (e.g. debian-talk)
and politely asking non-relevant posts be directed there
should suffice. The same "noise-bucket" list could be used
in the same manner for other focused lists (such as
debian-devel, etc.).  Is there still a debian-talk list?

There really is such a thing as over management.  Odd that I
would say that though. ;)

Cheers,

--

"Until we extend the circle of our compassion to all living
things, we will not ourselves find peace" -Albert Schweitzer

Richard G. Roberto