Re: speed of X

Linux will use a swap partition of up to 128 meg. You can add swap files
if you need more. I haven't heard anything about slowdowns. Maybe you're
thinking about windows swap usage and performance? Somebody correct me if
I'm wrong.

On Mon, 4 Aug 1997, Paul Miller wrote:

> I have a 64MB swap disk.. I know hard drives are about 100x slower (at
> least) .. anyhow I heard something about having at swap disk over 16 megs
> will slow things down.. and Linux won't even use past 16 megs.. is this
> true?

+ Paul Wade                         Greenbush Technologies Corporation +
+ mailto:paulwade@greenbush.com              http://www.greenbush.com/ +