Re: Recording sound

Peter,

> What package do people use to record .au audio files?

	I've had good service from xwave-0.6 and xmix available from most
of the sunsite and other archives.  (Please mail me direct for a URL if
necessary.)  xmix controls the SoundBlaster card, and xwave records, plays
and displays the results.  I use octave-2.0 for signal processing.

						Reporting,
--
						Robert Meier

   "COBOL is here for the long run... [O]n the Starship Enterprise make
   no mistake, the program that calculates their pay will be written
   in COBOL..." - Jerome Jahnke

FANUC Robotics North America, Inc.	robert.meier@fanucrobotics.com
Voice: 1-248-377-7469			Fax:      1-248-377-7363