Re: splitting up the debian-user mailing list

On Fri, 1 Aug 1997, George Bonser wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Aug 1997, Bruce Perens wrote:
>
> > or power users "on duty" or something so that we are sure every message
>
> To be honest, I would think that something like debian-help and
> debian-install might make better newsgroups under linux.* than mailing
> lists.  Folks could read and respond from places other than their
> subscribed emailing address and articles do no fill a mailbox.

Maybe we need "debian-discussion" for random Debian-related thoughts and
announcements (like the recent discussion of Linus and Nasa),
"debian-ideas" for proposals (like "Debian-lite" or package requests),
and "debian-user" for the true user-needs-help scenarios.  It might also
help if maybe we could archive the mailing list in some usefull,
searchable way ... that way,  you could search to see if someone else had
problems with a particular package that weren't necessarily bugs ... a
fair number of questions that we get here have already been answered once.

                     					Will

			         harpo@udel.edu
               		       lowe@cis.udel.edu
			 http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/