Re: rxvt ignores x resource settings?

Peter S Galbraith:
> > Gee, sounds exactly like the debian version, which mentions just these
> > features in its changelog.
>
> rxvt latest is v2.21

Debian version is 2.20. I don't see anything to fix my problem in the changelog
for 2.21. (Another poster on this thread pointed ouyt the problem is that rxvt
doesn't use standard X resources and parses the file directly.)

> My rule of bug fixing is to not bother fixing old versions,
> and to start with the latest version.  If you find and fix a bug, where
> does it go?  Debian only?  XFree?  Or at the real source where it belongs?

If the debian maintainer fixed it, it would be merged upstream into the real
source, of course (assumming the author accepeted the fix).

--
see shy jo