nfs error

Hi,

One of the debian PC's in a cluster here is having some minor nfs problems
which, while not catastrophic, tend to slow down the machine and
occasionally hang it for ~2-3 minutes. When I look in the messages file, I
see lots of things like:

kernel: NFS server not responding, still trying
kernel: NFS server OK.
kernel: nfs_statfs: statfs error = 512
kernel: nfs_statfs: statfs error = 512

etc....

The version of netstd I'm using (2.13-1) is the same as all the other
linux machines, none of which seem to have this particular problem. Is
there a package anyone knows of that might conflict with this netstd?
Could something else be the matter? Thanks...

J. Goldman