Re: lprm says "Permission denied" (fwd)

Adrian Phillips <tandem@freeze.oslo.dnmi.no> writes:

> A suggestion for people using Lprng and having problems is to check
> out the Lprng mailing list (10-20 messages a day - see the doc
> dir. for info). I joined a few weeks ago and they have covered this
> problem (Samba) and many others; and Patrick Powell (the author) is
> extremely helpful in fixing problems and adding new features - this is
> perhaps yet another good reason to switch to Lprng (how much new
> development is occurring with lpr ?),

That's the reason why
a) using LPRng and
b) maintaining a Debian package for LPRng
is much easier for me compared to lpr.

BTW: There are maintained versions of lpr, but there are that many
(the *BSDs, and probably some Linux versions). Unfortunately the *BSD
versions don't compile on Linux, and I don't know which Linux-ported
lpr versions are well-maintained.

	Sven
--
Sven Rudolph <sr1@inf.tu-dresden.de> ; WWW : http://www.sax.de/~sr1/