Re: does anyone mind if I post my ppp output...

On Sun, 2 Mar 1997, Richard Morin wrote:

> Sorry to carry the ppp thing on, but I just can't get it to work with pon.
> I currently dial in with minicom and evoke pppd manually.  Does anyone
> mind if I post the output from both to see what I'm not doing right?  I'll
> send private if anyone volunteers to have a look.

IMO, sending your output is the correct thing to do.  It is much more
productive than discussions about the virtues of a user friendly ppp
setup which does not presently exist.  Unfortunately, I'm no ppp expert,
so I'm not likely to have the right answer.

But, please do post real technical questions to the list.  That's what
the list is for.

Thanks.  Syrus.

Syrus Nemat-Nasser <syrus@ucsd.edu>    UCSD Physics Dept.