Re: can Linux r/w Windoze FAT32?

Lawrence Chim wrote:

> Harmon Sequoya Nine wrote:
> > <snip>
> > first is with the "mtools" (do a "man mtools" to get more info), although
> > this is usually only with a floppy.
> >
> > The second way is to mount the win95 partition using:
> > mount -t vfat /dev/??? /mountDir
> >
> > This should work like a charm.  Let me know if it doesn't ...
> >
> > -- Harmon
>
> Do you realise that FAT32 is different from FAT16?
> Only OEM WIN95 supports FAT32!

Is this why I have to put up with those whatev~1.foo names?  Someone
posted their reluctance to deal with other than .txt files to or from
the WinDoze slice.  I've had success with moving .exe .doc .etc files
to and from - no problem (except for the truncated file names).

Ralph Winslow		      rjw@nac.net
Someday soon I really  MUST find a way to
piss away a LOT of bandwidth on this .sig