Another dumb newbie question.

I'm slowly getting this system to do what I want, but there are a couple
of things
that could improve. I added to /etc/X11/config the line "start-xfs" with
the result that the Xfont server now starts up at boot time. I also
added the line "start-xdm", in order to boot straight into the GUI, but
thats not happening. A year or so ago I had Slackware doing that but I
don't remember what I did. I looked at "Top" and verified that xdm is
indeed running.

 The other concern I have is that I'm seeing an error message at
shutdown that "PIE ext. not loaded" "and PEX ext. not loaded". I have
installed xext as well as PEX fonts. I'm using the SVGA Server. I'm
plowing thru the man and doc pages but its taking hours I don't have.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Jim
Debian Linux! Where I REALLY went today!
Jim Smith   jim@oz.net
http://www.oz.net/~jim/